Mr Dipankar (Dip) Mukherjee is one of the experienced general surgeons and private doctors in Essex. He practices in Shenfield (Brentwood), Romford and Redbridge. One of the experienced private doctors in Shenfield, Dip specialises in laparoscopic surgery, colorectal surgery, upper gastrointestinal surgery, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic hernia repair and gastro-oesophageal diseases.
Clinical works of this experienced doctor in Shenfield, a suburb of Brentwood, involve major oesophagogastric and colon cancer resections along with complex laparoscopic surgeries that include laparoscopic gastric and colonic resections, cardiomyotomy, pancreatic work, hernia repair, CBD exploration and antireflux surgery among others.
A private doctor with a vast experience, Dip also performs and supervises emergency along with general surgical sub specialities. He also has an interest in abdominal and chest trauma. He is also the clinical governance lead for general surgery and responsible for risk management for a large department comprising of 12 consultant surgeons and altogether about 40 other surgeons. Dip has special interest in reflux problems and heartburn.
This private doctor in Essex has participated in National audits for gastro oesophageal cancer resections administered by AUGIS. Dip is also an expert in managing diseases of stomach and oesophagus, gallstones, groin hernias, reflux and hiatus hernias.
Patient's safety is Dip's first consideration and he is up to date with clinical governance practices. An inventor, Dip is involved with the following inventions:
- Endoscopic LES Locator (Endoles) — Primary inventor (Patent filed)
- Laparoscopic port — Designed for safe insertion of second port
- Tissue Transfixation & approximation devices for Endoluminal surgery
This senior general surgeon in Essex is pretty much involved in research and investigation of new oesophageal function tests for benign oesophageal disorders. Another aspect of his work is the development of therapeutic endoscopic devices and techniques.
A trainer and teacher of GI and laparoscopic surgery, Dip privately practices at:
- Spire Hartswood Hospital - Brentwood
- Spire Roading Hospital - Redbridge
- Nuffield Brentwood Hospital - Shenfield
- Harley Street At Queens - Romford.
He has presented and published several key papers and abstracts in various national and international journals. Some of the key publications of this laparoscopic expert in Essex are:
- Study of Transit and Clearance of Gaviscon bolus in an oesophageal model using simultaneous Multichannel Intraluminal Impedance (MII) and Gamma Scintigraphy
- The design of anastomosis devices for flexible endoluminal surgery
- Estimation of bolus transport and clearance in an oesophageal model using Multichannel Intraluminal Impedance (MII): validation study with gamma scintigraphy (GS)
- Comparison of Bolus Clearance Estimation by Multichannel Intraluminal Impedance(MII) and Gamma Scintigraphy(GS) in Human Volunteers
- Manometric Visualisation of Lower Esophageal Sphincter(LES) at Flexible Endoscopy
- Push me pull you flexible plastic stents
- Real Time (Miniprobe)EUS controlled Endoscopic submucosal Resection
- Single Lumen Access Anastomosis Devices for flexible Endoscopy.